Western PA's Premier Estate Administration & Estate Planning Law Firm

What Do You Do When Your Aging Parent Refuses Care?

One of the difficult things that we deal with in our practice on a regular basis is the elderly parent who simply refuses all efforts by their adult children to provide for any type of care or assistance.  Sometimes this may be the result of nothing more than stubbornness and misplaced pride, but sometimes it may be a sign that a more serious cognitive impairment or decline in functioning is taking place and occurring.  These are never easy situations to deal with, but the more you educate yourself in advance the better you'll be able to cope. 

Here's a great article that I recently came across that does a really nice job of laying out some important strategies and steps to take and consider should you ever find yourself in this situation.  


American Wills & Estates is a locally owned and founded law firm that has been assisting clients in Pittsburgh and throughout Western Pennsylvania with competency, compassion and care for the past 25 years.  Our law firm's practice is limited exclusively to Estate Planning and Probate Estate Administration.  We have a number of convenient office locations and also provide home, hospital, evening and weekend appointments upon request.  Give us a call today at (412) 381-7370 to schedule your free legal consultation or visit our law firm online at http://www.americanwillsandestates.com  You'll be glad you did.


Pittsburgh Probate Estate Administration and Estate Planning Lawyers